Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Almond milk Recipe (Homemade)


I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to do a post on my homemade Almond milk. I've been using this for quite some time now..
As you guys know I'm currently on Breast cancer Treatment, and I decided from the day I was diagnosed to start taking better care of my body/ health, and as a result I'm now a Vegan ..
So I've eliminated all animal products and by-product  from my diet which includes Dairy,as well as processed Sugars and Trans Fat , I eat Mostly Organic Fruits a vegetables..
And so far I'm happy I did.. I feel great although my treatment is rather harsh..
I've used Almond milk for so many recipes-
eg. Shakes, porridge, my morning oatmeal, in wholegrain cereal, fruit smoothies etc. And it's even great on its own.
So I finally decided that today was the day.


OK so here is what you'll need:

Ingredients

*1 cup of Almonds
* 4 cups of distilled water
* a blender
* cheese cloth
* a measuring cup
* a strainer
* milk bottles
* pitted dates (optional)

Directions


  • First measure 1 cup of Almonds, 
  • Add to a bowl with water and let sit for eight hours or overnight like I did.
  • Drain water from Soaked almonds and rinse, you can peel the almonds of you wish but I find that it really doesn't matter if you leave on the skin
    .
  • Add to your blender with 4 cups of Distilled water and if you're using dates u can add that too,I am not, I prefer it without. Then blend until u are satisfied with the texture.

  • Place cheese cloth over the strainer and place over mug or bowl or whatever u want to strain it in, I'm Using my measuring cup.
  • Add a Little bit at a time and use your hands to give it a good squeeze.
  • Next just add the milk to your bottle, if the opening of your bottle is small you might want to use a funnel. Mine is not so I just poured it right in from my measuring cup.
  • This recipe stays in the fridge for up to 5 days but I usually use it up by then . Ohh and whilst in the fridge the Almond milk tends to separate, so before you use make sure to give it a good shake.
  • Do not throw away the pulp that is left behind, u can dry and pulse it in the food processor for a few minutes to make Almond flour, which is great for baking.

  • Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment