Monday, September 26, 2016

Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl




Today's breakfast is absolutely stunning and equally yummy. 
My day usually starts at 5:00 am, and after my morning walk this is just what I need. I would make my oatmeal and top it with whatever fruit I have on hand that day. In Guyana there's No abundance of fruits year round..
One of my favorite things to do is go to the farmers market here, there's always so much to choose from. Anyway before I get carried away as I  usually do let me tell you how I made this.. PS. When I saw that they had shaddock at the market I was so excited.. I knew I had to try this with my oatmeal and guess what? I loved it..

Ingredients
..........................................

1.  7 tablespoons of wholegrain oats (I use the old fashioned oats)

2. A dash of nutmeg

3. Half a stick of cinnamon

4. Chia seeds

5. 1 cup of watermelon  cubes

6. Half cup of shaddock pulp.



Instructions:
.............................

1. In a pot add 1 cup of water along with the oats, nutmeg and cinnamon, bring to a boil,  cook to texture of your liking I normally cook mine for about 5 mins.

2. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and let cool for about 5 mins just so the top of the oatmeal becomes hard enough to layer your fruits.

3. Add fruits. 

4. Enjoy












No comments:

Post a Comment